Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Tale Is Told...

Up till now tireless reader, I have been jumping and dancing around the point. The reason I am lost, the reason I am without Mi Novio. I am afraid to write it down, to say it out loud. I am afraid that you, restless traversers of the global village, will judge me. Will condemn me for my life not being the way i always believed it would be. But I have always been one to lead with my heart and my feelings rather then logic and deduction.

I am going to document my experience the way I wrote it down in my journal the night it happened, now this is just a final ordeal in a long run of...ordeals...

What a nightmare. At this point I am numb, I cant feel my limbs they dangle at my sides like logs. My head feels heavy and swollen. It pounds and pounds like a black horse galloping through my skull. My wooden fingers shake and stiffen and make it hard to hold my pen. My stomach heaves and the sick feeling travels, I can feel it start in my stomach and it sits there heavy and loathing, then it moves, I can feel the nausea prance up my spine and take a break at my shoulders so that they slump and slope, then it traipses to my thighs.

At the same time my ears and heart and head are screaming, screaming all at the same time. No wonder my eyes are so tired. Not Mi Novio they scream! I want Mi Novio back they hammer, how could he? they moan. Not again. Not again. Not again. My teeth are ringing and wailing.

They came and desecrated my house again. Defiled it with their ashen presence.

A Bang Bang Bang on the door jerks me awake, they file in like gigantic black ants in a row, men in black vests. They have guns. Their black boots leer and growl at me, listen, one is talking. What is he saying?

"Remember me? Remember me?"

Glaring, aggressive. Full of armored arrogance and shielded with walls of ignorance. He keeps tightening the handcuffs, I can feel the metal bite eagerly into my flesh my bones. I'm scared but I don't cry yet not in front of the man who I remember.

They threaten me.

The man I remember leaves and still I don't cry.

All the men with the clumsy callous hands they paw and stomp through our things. They are tarnishing our home, Novio.

Get out I glare. Get out, I aim hatred at them they way that they aimed their guns at me. I want them to feel how little I think of them, how I see them as kin to roaches crawling over everything. I step on them.

They find nothing but they take everything, my pride, my safety, my dignity, and Mi Novio.

So now you know, or you can at least make an educated guess because i don't believe I have actually said it. Mi Novio is incarcerated. He has been for awhile. Longer then I thought possible for the crime.

I'm not going to sate your curiosity and tell you what he did, because I want to protect my anonymity. But I can tell you that he is not in jail for drugs, alcohol, stealing, battery, abuse, murder, or any kind of conspiracy. He is in jail for being young and dumb and impulsive. And the city is making an example out of him. They saw an opportunity to take advantage of a couple of poor and inexperienced kids and put away a good person and they took it...

I didn't think anything like this kind of injustice could happen in my America. I used to believe in the justice system and fair and impartial judgement. Now I know better. Now I know that you never talk to cops, the only thing you have to say to them is 'I want my lawyer' and I know that in order to get "fair" treatment you need at least ten thousand dollars...

No comments:

Post a Comment