Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dreamscapes

Everything seems a different color today. I'm feeling insecure and vulnerable. I had a strange dream last night it felt very powerful and very real...

Mi Novio and I are driving, I am in the passenger seat as usual and I can feel the subtle vibrations of the engine through my feet, I'm wearing a jacket but no sunglasses, which is out of the ordinary.

Through the passenger window I can see the tall vibrant green trees that line the side of the freeway, they leave a murky reflection on the glass. I don't know if the sky is blue or if its cold outside but there is a light filtering through the car.

Mi Novio turns and he says something to me like 'Its got to get home' or 'We've got to get home.' Its unclear. But I remember thinking that was a strange thing for him to say because we're are going to work, we just left our home. But, I don't say anything and I don't look at him because we are still driving and this stretch of the freeway seems very long and very still like we are not going anywhere at all.

I'm still looking out the window, I haven't moved at all, and I don't see anything but the whipping trees and the constant light, now I hear a shriek and it takes me a second to realize that it wasn't the shriek of a lady in distress but the long squeal of tires on pavement, it took me so long to realize this that now we are spinning and I'm gripping the seat but I am not screaming, my mouth isn't even gaped open. It seems so slow. Then I hear a low almost quiet crunch and I look out my window and I can see through it and into the shattered front windshield of another car but I cant see anyone in it, like this is a Stephen King book and there is a herd of sentient vehicles running amok on the freeway.

I look at Mi Novio and I cant take my eyes of of him and I'm struggling now because my legs are stuck and they are probably crushed. But my eyes and my mind is drawn into Mi Novio and he is looking at me too and I can feel it and this moment, this moment is lasting forever, I can hear other cars colliding around us and maybe even into us and I can smell the burning of rubber. I know we are in trouble, probably dying but the only thing I can feel is Mi Novio. We never take our eyes off each other and I don't know if the car is still spinning or of its just us.

"...And under the waning moon
Still I long for you
Alone against the light
Solitude am I."

No comments:

Post a Comment